Friday, March 1, 2013

Cooling off at the beaches & bidding adieu

We headed slowly to Kogalle- which is where we planned to spend the rest of our trip. Enroute we drove by the sea along many beautiful stretches


We stopped at the Devundara Temple Complex only to be pleasantly surprised with an amazing full color rainbow!! :) <Love my I Phone for the Panaroma Option here>



Finally we reached Long Beach resort and fell in love with it!!

Kogalle has a KM long stretch of soft white sand making for an ideal beach stay and the Long Beach Resort was a perfect way to spend on idyllic beaches.

The resort itself was beautiful, our rooms faced the sea- so it was the perfect perfect location. The staff and service were beyond pathetic! Thankfully we found one waiter who spoke Hindi and catered to all our requirements :) And this is where we discovered "Elephant House' vanilla Icecream- for those of you who are headed to Lanka, please do try it!! It is available everywhere and we simply couldn't stop eating it!!
Prana was even willing to lick the bowl clean...but thankfully some semblance of decorum held her back!! ;D


This was the perfect unwind stay on this trip- we chatted, partied, ate like pigs and roamed the beaches like never before

Prana & Manoj caught up on a whale watching trip the next morning....after my health issues AJ & I decided to sit it out. We roamed the 1KM long beach and had another relaxed morning. The weather was perfect for a stroll and we made the best of it! :)


The last day in this resort was New Year's Eve- the beach party turned out to be a Senior Citizen Band Baajaa Party with a 50+ year old singer crooning away to Elvis Presley songs. Some even worse experiences were when they lined up the women for  Miss New Year's- god it was a let down!! :( But finally they more than made up with an awesome fireworks display and we got our 'couple' pics at the photo booth! :)



On one of the days- I forget which- we went to Galle- I had some very dear memories of this place from when I had been there during my internship! :) So it was fun reliving all of it with Prana, Manoj & AJ. This trip made me realize how little I looked back at my past, I rarely ever relive moments- my present is far too time consuming I guess :) <Not that I plan to change, I like it, the way it is> :P


How could we visit Galle and not see the cric stadium?? From the fort we got a fantastic view of the stadium and the guys couldn't stop grinning at the sight! :) To see AJ & Manoj get along so well was indeed a blessing for me and Prana! <Touchwood> It reiterated how we had each married guys who seemed to be at ease with themselves and hence with others around too! It also made it easier for us to be ourselves with the men around...after all 6 years of marriage does have it's benefits I guess ;)

We walked around from the light house to the fort and took as many pictures of us as we could!! Total masti!


The beauty about this whole afternoon was the relaxed manner we did it in, again another tip for fellow travelers- there are many cafes in this lil portugal area, do not miss and ensure you give yourselves ample time to see everything!
The time had come to head back home- with a heavy heart we bid adieu to Sri Lanka- the lil country had stolen our hearts and now when I look back I certainly think I was 3rd time lucky in Lanka- each trip has only been better than the previous one for me! Until next time- Ayubhowan! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment